Welcome to Kracken a suite of tools for creating code from Architecture models. This program was originally developed by T Squared Software, Inc. and is the pet project of Tracy Rooks, Chief Architect. The entire set of tools include a Reverse Engineering
generator that creates a Entity Relationship diagram (with some extras) from a SQL Server 2008 or newer database. I will also include the Forward Engineering toolset for creating a SQL Server 2008 or newer database as well.
Recently we added the following enhancements:
1. Data layer controllers now return IDictionary objects for the return value of stored procs, the rows affected property and for inserts (add methods) we are returning the primary key(s).
2. The business layer now utilizes the IDictionary objects from the Command pattern classes.
3. Common layer now working correctly.
4. Database test layer now added but we are still working on various bugs here.
5. MVC 4 layer has had extensive rewrites to take advantage of MVC 4 as well as the new security providers that we have created using Kracken. We have also added the IDictionary return values to the view models now and they are able to help with concurrency
and error handling.
6. Security project has been added and can be found at T2Security.CodePlex.com.
In the near future we will also be uploading the following tools that are also available from T Squared Software, Inc.
1. Data layer that allows for all types of providers such as Oracle, DB2, Mongo and others. At the present it only supports SQL Server 2008 but is easily adjusted to whatever you want.
2. MVC 4 views that incorporate Knockout view models and JQueryVal vaidation scripts.
Check out the videos by going to YouTube.com and browsing for Tracy Rooks. You can also click this
link. You also can find the stable deliverables by going to Visual Studio 2012 --> Tools--> Extensions and Updates and search for Kracken. Here you can install these one - by - one.